Honda Accord: Glove Box Removal/Installation
Special Tools Required
KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014*
*Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857
SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations, 2-door (see page 24-23), 4-door (see page 24-21) and the precautions and procedures (see page 24-25) before doing repairs or service.
NOTE: - Take care not to scratch the dashboard or the related parts.
- Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when removing components.
1. Open the glove box.
2. Disconnect the glove box damper (A) from the pivot (B) on the glove box.
3. Close the glove box.
4. Remove the bolts.
5. While holding the glove box (A), release the glove box stop (B) on each side from the dashboard by pushing them in, then remove the glove box.
NOTE: If you only removing the glove box, go to step 8. If you remove the glove box damper, continue to step 6.
Glove box damper removal
6. Open the front door, and remove the passenger's dashboard side panel (A).
-1. Pull out the front door opening seal (B) as needed.
-2. Gently pry the rear edge of the panel with the appropriate trim tool to detach the clips and release the hooks (C).
-3. Release the hooks (D).
7. From the dashboard side panel opening, detach the clip (A), then remove the g l o v e box damper (B).
8. Install the glove box in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - If the dashboard side panel clips are damaged or stress-whitened, replace them with new ones.
- Push the clips and the hooks into place securely.
Front Seat Lumbar Support
2-door Driver's Seat SRS components are located In this area. Review the SRS component locations (see page 24-23) and the precautions and procedures (see page 24-25) before doing repairs or servic ...
Brake System Inspection and Test
Inspect the brake system components listed. Repair or replace any parts that are leaking or damaged. Component Inspections: Brake System Test Brake pedal sinks/fades when braking 1. Set the pa ...
Oil Pressure Switch Test
1 Disconnect the oil pressure switch connector (A) from the oil pressure switch (B). 2. Check for continuity between the oil pressure switch terminal and the engine (ground). There should be con ...