Honda Accord: Front Door Outer Molding Replacement
Special Tools Required
KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014*
*Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857
NOTE: - If you remove the door outer molding, replace it with a new one because it will bend during removal.
- Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to scratch the door.
- Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when removing components.
- 4-door is shown; 2-door is similar.
1 . Remove the power mirror (see page 20-62).
2. Detach the clip with a clip lemover, then pulf back the door weatherstrip (A), and remove the screw securing the door outer molding (B).
3. Pull out the upper edge of the door outer molding (A) from the edge of the sash, and cut the double-sided adhesive tape (B) with a utility knife, then remove the molding from the sash, and remove the molding from between the door glass outer weatherstrip (C) and the door.
4. Scrape off remaining double-sided adhesive tape from the sash, then clean the sash surface with a shop towel dampened in isopropyl alcohol.
5. Install the door outer molding in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - Insert the front edge of the molding between the door glass outer weatherstrip and the door properly.
- Push adhesive areas into place securely.
- Make sure the upper and lower sides of the molding are catching the edges of the sash properly.
- Push the clip into place securely.
Adjusting the Sound
1. Press the SETTINGS button. 2. Rotate to select Audio Settings, then press . 3. Rotate to select Sound, then press . Rotate to scroll through the following choices: The SVC ...
DTC B1127: Driver's Door Key Cylinder Switch Malfunction NOTE: If you are troubleshooting multiple DTCs, be sure to follow the instructions in B-CAN System Diagnosis Test Mode A (see page 22-134). ...
Rear Seat-back Release Lever/Cable
NOTE: - Take care not to bend or scratch the interior trim. - 4-door is shown; 2-door is similar. 1. Remove the rear shelf (see page 20-128). 2. Disconnect the seat-back release cable (A) fr ...