Honda Accord: Front Door Outer Molding Replacement
Special Tools Required
KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014*
*Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857
NOTE: - If you remove the door outer molding, replace it with a new one because it will bend during removal.
- Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to scratch the door.
- Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when removing components.
- 4-door is shown; 2-door is similar.
1 . Remove the power mirror (see page 20-62).
2. Detach the clip with a clip lemover, then pulf back the door weatherstrip (A), and remove the screw securing the door outer molding (B).
3. Pull out the upper edge of the door outer molding (A) from the edge of the sash, and cut the double-sided adhesive tape (B) with a utility knife, then remove the molding from the sash, and remove the molding from between the door glass outer weatherstrip (C) and the door.
4. Scrape off remaining double-sided adhesive tape from the sash, then clean the sash surface with a shop towel dampened in isopropyl alcohol.
5. Install the door outer molding in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - Insert the front edge of the molding between the door glass outer weatherstrip and the door properly.
- Push adhesive areas into place securely.
- Make sure the upper and lower sides of the molding are catching the edges of the sash properly.
- Push the clip into place securely.
Trunk Lid Weatherstrip Replacement
NOTE: 4-door Is shown; 2-door Is similar. 1. Remove the trunk lid weatherstrip (A) by pulling it off. 2. Locate the painted alignment mark (B or C) on the trunk lid weatherstrip. Align the pain ...
Driver's Under-dash Fuse/Relay Box
(MICU) Removal and Installation
Special Tools Required Relay Puller 07AAC-000A1A0 USA models NOTE; SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations 4-door (see page 24-21), 2-door (see page 24-23), an ...
General Troubleshooting Information
Sf stem Indicator This system has four indicators; - ABS indicator (A) - Brake system indicator (B) - VSA indicator (C) - VSA activation indicator (D) When the system is OK, each indicator com ...