Honda Accord: Engine Oil Filter Replacement
Special Tools Required
Oil Filter Wrench 07 AAA-PLC A100
1. Drain the engine oil (see page 8-11).
2. Remove the oil filter with the oil filter wrench.
3. Inspect the filter to make sure the rubber seal is not stuck to the oil filter seating surface of the engine.
4. Inspect the threads (A) and the rubber seal (B) on the new filter. Clean the seat on the oil filter base, then apply a light coat of new engine oil to the filter rubber seal. Use only filters with a built-in bypass system.
5. Install the oil filter by hand.
6. After the rubber seal seats, tighten the oil filter clockwise with the oil filter wrench.
Tighten: 3/4 Turn Clockwise
Tightening Torque: 12 N-m (1.2 kgf-m, 8.7 Ibf-ft)
7. If four numbers or marks (1 to 4 orto
are printed around the outside of the filter, use the following procedure to tighten the filter.
- Spin the filter on until its seal lightly seats against the oil filter base, and note which number or mark is at the bottom.
- Tighten the filter by turning it clockwise three numbers or marks from the one you noted. For example, if number 2 is at the bottom when the seal is seated, tighten the filter until the number 1 comes around the bottom.
8. Refill with new engine oil (see step 4 on page 8-11) then, run the engine for more than 3 minutes, then check for oil leaks.
VSA Modulator-Control Unit Inputs and Outputs for 36P Connector (Connector Disconnected Wire side of female terminals. System Outline This system i s composed of the VSA modulator-control u ...
Refilling Window Washer Fluid
Check the amount of window washer fluid by looking at the reservoir. If the level is low, fill the washer reservoir. If the washer fluid is low, the washer level indicator comes on. Pour the ...
To help increase tire life and distribute wear more evenly, rotate the tires according to the maintenance messages displayed on the information display. Move the tires to the positions sh ...