Honda Accord: Engine Oil Filter Replacement
Special Tools Required
Oil Filter Wrench 07 AAA-PLC A100
1. Drain the engine oil (see page 8-11).
2. Remove the oil filter with the oil filter wrench.
3. Inspect the filter to make sure the rubber seal is not stuck to the oil filter seating surface of the engine.
4. Inspect the threads (A) and the rubber seal (B) on the new filter. Clean the seat on the oil filter base, then apply a light coat of new engine oil to the filter rubber seal. Use only filters with a built-in bypass system.
5. Install the oil filter by hand.
6. After the rubber seal seats, tighten the oil filter clockwise with the oil filter wrench.
Tighten: 3/4 Turn Clockwise
Tightening Torque: 12 N-m (1.2 kgf-m, 8.7 Ibf-ft)
7. If four numbers or marks (1 to 4 orto
are printed around the outside of the filter, use the following procedure to tighten the filter.
- Spin the filter on until its seal lightly seats against the oil filter base, and note which number or mark is at the bottom.
- Tighten the filter by turning it clockwise three numbers or marks from the one you noted. For example, if number 2 is at the bottom when the seal is seated, tighten the filter until the number 1 comes around the bottom.
8. Refill with new engine oil (see step 4 on page 8-11) then, run the engine for more than 3 minutes, then check for oil leaks.
Wheel Bearing End Play Inspection
1. Raise and support the vehicle (see page 1-13). 2. Remove the wheels. 3 . Install suitable flat washers (A) and the wheel nuts. Tighten the nuts to the specified torque to hold the brake d ...
To Play the FM/AM Radio
The ignition switch must be in the ACCESSORY (I) or the ON (II) position. Press the AUDIO button to view the audio control display. Turn the system on by pressing the power/volume knob or ...
Alternator Removal and
Removal 1. Do the battery terminal disconnection procedure (see page 22-91). 2. Remove the drive belt (see page 4-30). 3. Remove the two bolts securing the alternator. 4. Disconnect the alt ...