Honda Accord: Engine Oil Filter Replacement
Special Tools Required
Oil Filter Wrench 07 AAA-PLC A100
1. Drain the engine oil (see page 8-11).
2. Remove the oil filter with the oil filter wrench.
3. Inspect the filter to make sure the rubber seal is not stuck to the oil filter seating surface of the engine.
4. Inspect the threads (A) and the rubber seal (B) on the new filter. Clean the seat on the oil filter base, then apply a light coat of new engine oil to the filter rubber seal. Use only filters with a built-in bypass system.
5. Install the oil filter by hand.
6. After the rubber seal seats, tighten the oil filter clockwise with the oil filter wrench.
Tighten: 3/4 Turn Clockwise
Tightening Torque: 12 N-m (1.2 kgf-m, 8.7 Ibf-ft)
7. If four numbers or marks (1 to 4 orto
are printed around the outside of the filter, use the following procedure to tighten the filter.
- Spin the filter on until its seal lightly seats against the oil filter base, and note which number or mark is at the bottom.
- Tighten the filter by turning it clockwise three numbers or marks from the one you noted. For example, if number 2 is at the bottom when the seal is seated, tighten the filter until the number 1 comes around the bottom.
8. Refill with new engine oil (see step 4 on page 8-11) then, run the engine for more than 3 minutes, then check for oil leaks.
Front Seat Removal/Installation
Special Tools Required KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014* *Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857 SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component ...
Hard Steering NOTE: -Compare to a known-good vehicle that is the same trim level. -Check for suspension damage. m Check the steering alignment. -Check the tire condition and pressure. 1 ...