Honda Accord: Driver's Power Seat Motor Test
1. Remove the d r i v e r ' s seat (see page 20-194).
2. Remove t h e p o w e r seat adjustment switch knobs a nd t h e recline cover f r om t h e seat.
â€¢ 4-door (see page 20-234) â€¢ 2-door (see page 20-226) 3. Disconnect t h e 12P connector (A) from t h e p o w e r seat adjustment switch (B).
4. At the 12P connector of the driver's seat wire harness side, test the motor by applying battery power and ground to the terminals according to the table.
Front up-down motor
Rear up-down motor
5. If the motor does not run or fails to run smoothly, go to step 6.
6. Disconnect the 2P connector from each motor.
NOTE; â€¢ For the recline motor, remove the seat back panel.
- 4-door (see page 20-221) - 2-door (see page 20-213) â€¢ All connector views are wire side of female terminals.
7. Check for continuity between each motor 2P connector and the driver's seat wire harness 12P connector. If there is continuity, replace the appropriate motor: â€¢ Recline motor (see page 20-200) â€¢ Slide motor (see page 20-204) NOTE: The front and rear up-down motors are part of the up-down adjuster.
Reverse Shift Fork Clearance Inspection
1. Measure the clearance between the reverse Idler gear (A) and the reverse shift fork (B) with a feeler gauge (C). If the clearance exceeds the service limit, go to step 2. Standard; 0.20-0.59 mm ...
All service items not detailed in this section should be performed by a certified technician or qualified mechanic. Important Safety Precautions To eliminate potential hazards, read the inst ...
Block and Piston inspection
1. Remove the crankshaft and the pistons (see page 7-14). 2. Check the piston for distortion or cracks. 3. Measure the piston diameter at a point 13 mm (0.5 in) from the bottom of the skirt. T ...