Honda Accord: Dashboard Center Lower Cover Removal/Installation
Special Tools Required
KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014*
*Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857
SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations, 2-door (see page 24-23), 4-door (see page 24-21) and the precautions and procedures (see page 24-25) before doing repairs or service.
NOTE: - Take care not to scratch the dashboard or the related parts.
- Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when removing components.
- When prying a flat-tip screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape to prevent damage.
1. Remove the center console panel (see page 20-157).
2. Release both front areas of the center console (A) from the dashboard.
-1. Remove the screws.
-2. Detach the clips by pulling out the front bottom edges of the console from both sides.
-3. Gently pull up both front areas of the console to release the hooks (B) from the dashboard.
3. Remove the driver's dashboard center lower cover (A).
-1. Detach the clip (B).
-2. Gently pull the rear upper edge of the cover to detach the clip (C).
-3. Pull up the rear area of the cover to release the hook (D) from the rear heater duct (E).
-4. Pull the cover rearward to release the hook (F) from the heater unit (G).
4. Remove the passenger's dashboard center lower cover (A).
-1. Detach the clip (B).
-2. Gently pull the front upper edge of the cover to detach the clip (C).
-3. Pull up the cover to release the hook (D) from the rear heater duct (E).
5. Install the cover in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - If the clips are damaged or stress-whitened, replace them with new ones.
- Push the clips and the hooks into place securely.
Front Seat Torsion Bar Replacement
2-door Driver's seat (manual height adjustable seat) NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - Take care not to tear or damage the seat covers. - When prying with a flat-tip screwdriver, ...
This feature, when activated, replays all files in the selected folder. To activate folder repeat mode, select FOLDER REPEAT by using the interface knob, and press ENTER on the interface sel ...
Disc Changer Error Messages (Models without navigation system)
The chart on the right explains the error messages you may see in the display while playing a disc. If you see an error message in the display while playing a disc, press the eject button. Af ...