Honda Accord: Column Cover Removal/Installation
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to scratch or damage the column covers.
- Do not pry the cover surface with any tools.
1. Adjust the steering column to the full tilt down position, and to the full telescopic out position .
2. Remove the column blind cover by detaching the clips from the upper column cover (see step 2 on page 20-165).
3. Turn the steering wheel to the left, and release the left tab (A) of the upper column cover (B) while pushing on the lower column cover (C) from the front side.
Carefully release the tabs, and note the hooks (D) may break when the upper column cover is pulled up too hard.
4. Turn the steering wheel to the right, and release the right tab of the upper column cover the same way as in step 3.
5. Insert a suitable sized screwdriver or equivalent tool (A) along the guide rib (B) into the lever hole (C) in the lower column cover (D).
6. Release the hook (E) locating on the left side of the upper column cover (F). The right side hook (G) of the upper column cover can not be released from the inside.
7. Remove the upper column cover (A) by lightly pulling it up while releasing the right side hook (B, C) of the cover.
8. Remove the screws (A, B), then remove the lower column cover (C).
9. Install the upper and the lower column covers in the reverse order of removal, and push the hooks into place securely.
A/C Refrigerant Oil Replacement
Recommended PAG oil: DENSO ND-OIL 8 P/N 38897-PR7-A01AH: 120 m l (4 fl-oz) It is important to have the correct amount of refrigerant oil in the A/C system to ensure proper lubrication of the A/C c ...
HomeLink Universal Transceiver
All V6 models The HomeLink universal transceiver built into your vehicle can be programmed to operate up to three remotely controlled devices around your home, such as garage doors, lightin ...
Parking Brake Switch Test
NOTE: if both the ABS/VSA indicator and the brake system indicator come on at the same time, check the VSA system for DTCs first (see page 19-48). 1. Remove the center console (see page 20-158). ...