Honda Accord: Column Cover Removal/Installation
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to scratch or damage the column covers.
- Do not pry the cover surface with any tools.
1. Adjust the steering column to the full tilt down position, and to the full telescopic out position .
2. Remove the column blind cover by detaching the clips from the upper column cover (see step 2 on page 20-165).
3. Turn the steering wheel to the left, and release the left tab (A) of the upper column cover (B) while pushing on the lower column cover (C) from the front side.
Carefully release the tabs, and note the hooks (D) may break when the upper column cover is pulled up too hard.
4. Turn the steering wheel to the right, and release the right tab of the upper column cover the same way as in step 3.
5. Insert a suitable sized screwdriver or equivalent tool (A) along the guide rib (B) into the lever hole (C) in the lower column cover (D).
6. Release the hook (E) locating on the left side of the upper column cover (F). The right side hook (G) of the upper column cover can not be released from the inside.
7. Remove the upper column cover (A) by lightly pulling it up while releasing the right side hook (B, C) of the cover.
8. Remove the screws (A, B), then remove the lower column cover (C).
9. Install the upper and the lower column covers in the reverse order of removal, and push the hooks into place securely.
ATF Pump Inspection
1. Install the ATF pump drive gear (A), the driven gear (B), and the ATF pump driven gear shaft (C) in the main valve body (D). Lubricate all parts with ATF, and install the ATF pump driven gear wi ...
Oil Pan Remowal
1. If the engine is already out of the vehicle, go to step 19. 2. Remove the strut brace (if equipped) (see page 20-306). 3. Do the battery removal procedure (see page 22-92). 4. Remove the ...
Rear Door Latch Replacement
4-door NOTE: Put on gloves to protect your hands. 1. Remove the door panel and the inner handle (see page 20-38). 2. Remove the plastic cover as needed (see step 3 on page 20-42). 3. Detac ...