Honda Accord: Column Cover Removal/Installation
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to scratch or damage the column covers.
- Do not pry the cover surface with any tools.
1. Adjust the steering column to the full tilt down position, and to the full telescopic out position .
2. Remove the column blind cover by detaching the clips from the upper column cover (see step 2 on page 20-165).
3. Turn the steering wheel to the left, and release the left tab (A) of the upper column cover (B) while pushing on the lower column cover (C) from the front side.
Carefully release the tabs, and note the hooks (D) may break when the upper column cover is pulled up too hard.
4. Turn the steering wheel to the right, and release the right tab of the upper column cover the same way as in step 3.
5. Insert a suitable sized screwdriver or equivalent tool (A) along the guide rib (B) into the lever hole (C) in the lower column cover (D).
6. Release the hook (E) locating on the left side of the upper column cover (F). The right side hook (G) of the upper column cover can not be released from the inside.
7. Remove the upper column cover (A) by lightly pulling it up while releasing the right side hook (B, C) of the cover.
8. Remove the screws (A, B), then remove the lower column cover (C).
9. Install the upper and the lower column covers in the reverse order of removal, and push the hooks into place securely.
Rear Air Outlet Replacement
NOTE: Take care not to scratch the body. 1_ Remove the rear bumper (see page 20-260). 2. Release the hooks (A), then remove the rear air outlet (B). 3. Install the air outlet by pushing on t ...
Seat Belt Maintenance
For safety, you should check the condition of your seat belts regularly. Pull each belt out fully, and look for frays, cuts, burns, and wear. Check that the latches work smoothly and the belt ...
The lap/shoulder belt goes over your shoulder, across your chest, and across your hips. To fasten the belt, insert the latch plate into the buckle, then tug on the belt to make sure the buckl ...