Honda Accord: Clutch Inspection
1. Inspect the 4th and 5th clutch pistons and the clutch piston check valves (A).
2. If the clutch piston check valve is loose or damaged, replace the clutch piston.
3. Check the spring retainer for wear and damage.
4. If the spring retainer is worn or damaged, replace it.
5. Check the oil seal (A) on the spring retainer of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd clutches for wear, damage, and peeling.
6. If the oil seal is worn, damaged, or peeling, replace the spring retainer.
7. Inspect the clutch discs, the clutch plates, and the clutch end-plate for wear, damage, and discoloration.
Clutch Discs for All Models
Standard Thickness: 1.94 mm (0.076 in)
1 st Clutch Wave-plates: 1.6 mm (0.063 in) Flat-plates: 1.6 mm (0.063 in)
2nd Clutch Wave-plates: 2.0 mm (0.079 in) Flat-plate: 2.0 mm (0.079 in)
3rd Clutch Wave-plates: 1.6 mm (0.063 in) Flat-plates: 1.6 mm (0.063 in)
4th Clutch (wave-plates): 2.0 mm (0.079 in)
5th Clutch (wave-plates): 2.0 mm (0.079 in)
8. If the clutch discs are worn or damaged, replace them as a set. If the clutch discs are replaced, do the clutch clearance inspection (see page 14-304).
9. If any clutch plate is worn, damaged, or discolored, replace the damaged plate with a new plate, and inspect the other wave-plates for a phase difference (see page 14-304). If the clutch plate is replaced, do the clutch clearance inspection (see page 14-304).
10. If the clutch end-plate is worn, damaged, or discolored, do the clutch clearance inspection (see page 14-304), then replace the clutch end-plate.
Checking Seat Belt Fit
To determine if a lap/shoulder belt properly fits a child, have the child put on the seat belt, then ask yourself: 1. Does the child sit all the way back against the seat? 2. Do the childв ...
Control Unit Input Test
NOTE: Before testing, troubleshoot the multiplex integrated control unit first, using B-CAN System Diagnosis Test Mode A (see page 22-134). Driver's MICU 1. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0), ...
Precautions and Procedures
General Precautions NOTE: Some systems store data in memory that is lost when the battery is disconnected. Before disconnecting the battery, refer to Battery Terminal Disconnection and Reconnectio ...