Honda Accord: Clutch Inspection
1. Inspect the 4th and 5th clutch pistons and the clutch piston check valves (A).
2. If the clutch piston check valve is loose or damaged, replace the clutch piston.
3. Check the spring retainer for wear and damage.
4. If the spring retainer is worn or damaged, replace it.
5. Check the oil seal (A) on the spring retainer of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd clutches for wear, damage, and peeling.
6. If the oil seal is worn, damaged, or peeling, replace the spring retainer.
7. Inspect the clutch discs, the clutch plates, and the clutch end-plate for wear, damage, and discoloration.
Clutch Discs for All Models
Standard Thickness: 1.94 mm (0.076 in)
1 st Clutch Wave-plates: 1.6 mm (0.063 in) Flat-plates: 1.6 mm (0.063 in)
2nd Clutch Wave-plates: 2.0 mm (0.079 in) Flat-plate: 2.0 mm (0.079 in)
3rd Clutch Wave-plates: 1.6 mm (0.063 in) Flat-plates: 1.6 mm (0.063 in)
4th Clutch (wave-plates): 2.0 mm (0.079 in)
5th Clutch (wave-plates): 2.0 mm (0.079 in)
8. If the clutch discs are worn or damaged, replace them as a set. If the clutch discs are replaced, do the clutch clearance inspection (see page 14-304).
9. If any clutch plate is worn, damaged, or discolored, replace the damaged plate with a new plate, and inspect the other wave-plates for a phase difference (see page 14-304). If the clutch plate is replaced, do the clutch clearance inspection (see page 14-304).
10. If the clutch end-plate is worn, damaged, or discolored, do the clutch clearance inspection (see page 14-304), then replace the clutch end-plate.
USB Flash Memory Device Error Messages (Models with navigation system)
If you see an error message in the center display while playing a USB flash memory device, find the solution in the chart to the right. If you cannot clear the error message, take your vehic ...
Using a Booster Seat
A child who has outgrown a forwardfacing child seat should ride in a back seat and use a booster seat until the lap/shoulder belt fits them properly without the booster. Some states, Canadi ...
Defogger Wire Repair
NOTE: To make an effective repair, the broken section must be no longer than 1.0 in (25 mm). 1. Lightly rub the area around the broken section (A) with fine steel wool, then clean it with isoprop ...