Honda Accord: Ball Joint Removal
Special Tools Required
- Ball Joint Thread Protector, 14 mm 07AAE-SJAA100
- Ball Joint Thread Protector, 12 mm 07AAF-SDAA100
- Ball Joint Thread Protector, 10 mm 07AAF-SECA120
- Ball Joint Remover, 32 mm 07MAC-SL0A102
- Ball Joint Remover, 28 mm 07MAC-SL0A202
Always use a ball joint remover to disconnect a ball joint.
Do not strike the housing or any other part of the ball joint connection to disconnect it.
1. Install a hex nut (A) or the ball joint thread protector onto the threads of the ball joint (B).
2. Apply grease to the ball joint remover on the areas shown (A). This will ease the installation of the tool, and prevent damage to the pressure bolt (B) threads.
3. Loosen the pressure bolt (A), and install the ball joint remover as shown. Insert the jaws carefully, making sure not to damage the ball joint boot. Adjust the jaw spacing by turning the adjusting bolt (B).
NOTE: Fasten the safety chain (C) securely to a suspension arm or the subframe (D). Do not fasten it to a brake line or wire harness.
4. After adjusting the adjusting bolt, make sure the head of the adjusting bolt is in the position shown to allow the jaw (E) to pivot.
5. With a wrench, tighten the pressure bolt until the ball joint pin pops loose from the ball joint connecting hole. If necessary, apply penetrating type lubricant to loosen the ball joint pin.
NOTE: Do not use pneumatic or electric tools on the pressure bolt.
6. Remove the ball joint remover, then remove the nut or the ball joint thread protector from the end of the ball joint pin, and pull the ball joint out of the ball joint connecting hole. Inspect the ball joint boot, and replace it if damaged.
Special Tools Required -Attachment, 78 x 80 mm 07NAD-PX40100 -Driver Handle, 15 x 135L 07749-0010000 -Bearing Driver Attachment, 42 x 47 07746-0010300 1. Install the bearings in the direction show ...
Disc Changer Error Messages (Models without navigation system)
The chart on the right explains the error messages you may see in the display while playing a disc. If you see an error message in the display while playing a disc, press the eject button. Af ...
Overview The electrical compass shows the azimuth information in 8-directions (N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW) to the audio-HVAC display unit via the audio unit. Starting Operation When the igniti ...