Honda Accord: Alternator FR Signal Circuit Troubleshooting
1. Start the engine, and let it idle.
2. Monitor the ALTERNATOR in the DATA LIST with the HDS.
3. Check if the indicated percentage varies when the headlight switch is turned on.
Does the percentage wary? YES
-The alternator signal circuit is OK.gH NO
-Go to step 4.
4. Turn the headlight switch off and ignition switch to LOCK (0).
5. Jump the SCS line with the HDS.
6. Disconnect the alternator 4P connector.
7. Disconnect ECM/PCM connector B (49P).
8. Check for continuity between ECM/PCM connector terminal B47 and body ground.
ECM/PCM CONNECTOR B (49P)
Terminal side of female terminals
Is there continuity? YES-
Repair short in the wire between the ECM/PCM (B47) and the alternator.
-Update the ECM/PCM if it does not have the latest software (see page 11-203), or substitute a known-good ECM/PCM (see page 11-7), then recheck.
If the symptom/indication goes away and the ECM/PCM was updated, troubleshooting is complete.
If the symptom/indication goes away and the ECM/PCM was substituted, replace the original ECM/PCM (see page 11-204).
Spark Plug Inspection
1. Remove the ignition coils (see page 4-20). 2. Remove the spark plugs, then inspect the electrodes and the ceramic insulator. - Burned or worn electrodes may be caused by these conditions: ...
Driver's Under-dash Fuse/Relay Box
(MICU) Removal and Installation
Special Tools Required Relay Puller 07AAC-000A1A0 USA models NOTE; SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations 4-door (see page 24-21), 2-door (see page 24-23), an ...
Engine Type K24Z3: 2.4 L DOHC i-VTEC Sequential Multiport Fuel-injected, 190HP engine Serial Number 2500001-: PZEV 2800001-: Except PZEV ...